Terms and Conditions of Purchase
1. Terms and Conditions
- The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to:
- the purchase of tickets for performances and events at the Victorian Arts Centre Melbourne Trust’s (“Trust”) venues at Arts Centre Melbourne (“Centre”), including the Sidney Myer Music Bowl (each a “Venue”);
- the purchase of tickets for performances or events at any other venue which the Trust makes available for purchase; and
- the purchase of car parking, food and beverage and other products purchases which the Trust makes available for purchase.
- The inclusion of 1.1(b) is in addition and does not abrogate your responsibility to comply with the terms and conditions of the other venue.
2. Amendments to terms and conditions
- The Trust may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. The Trust will post the varied Terms and Conditions on its website.
- By making a purchase from the Trust, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as they stand at the time of your purchase.
3. Purchase of car parking, and food and beverage and other products
- All prices for car parking, food and beverage and other products are stated in Australian Dollars, and include GST where applicable.
- If the amount you pay for parking, food and beverage and other products is incorrect, the Trust may cancel the order for parking, food and beverage or other product and refund to you the amount that you paid. This will apply regardless of whether the error arose due to:
- an error in a price posted on this web site or otherwise communicated to you; or
- human error or a transactional malfunction of a Trust-operated system.
4. Purchase of tickets
- All ticket prices for performances, events or products that occur or are provided in Australia are stated in Australian Dollars, and include GST where applicable.
- Ticket sales for particular performances, events or products may be subject to limits on the number of tickets a particular person may purchase. The Trust may cancel or refuse to accept orders which it believes are placed in excess of any such limits. This includes orders associated with the same name, email address, billing address, credit card number.
- If the amount you pay for a ticket is incorrect, the Trust may cancel that ticket (or the order for that ticket) and refund to you the amount that you paid. This will apply regardless of whether the error arose due to:
- an error in a price posted on this web site or otherwise communicated to you, or if you are able to order a ticket before its scheduled on-sale or presale date or you are able to order a ticket that was not supposed to have been released for sale; or
- human error or a transactional malfunction of a Trust-operated system.
- Tickets for performances, events and products at the Venues are valid only when purchased from the Trust, or from a person authorised by the Trust to sell or distribute tickets.
- Tickets may not, without the Trust’s prior written consent, be on-sold at a premium, offered as a prize or inducement, packaged or otherwise used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. The Trust reserves the right to refuse admission to the bearer of any ticket sold or otherwise provided or distributed in breach of this condition.
5. Confirmation and delivery
- If you do not receive a confirmation number (from an operator over the phone or in the form of a confirmation page or email) after submitting payment information, it is your responsibility to confirm with the Trust that your order has been successfully placed. The Trust will not be responsible for any losses you incur if you assume that an order was successfully placed having not received a confirmation number.
- The Trust sends tickets in Australia to the billing address of the credit card holder.
- If you have selected delivery through the mail, please allow at least 14 days after your order is made.
- Car park ‘Reserved Entry’ tickets must be ordered more than 7 days prior to the date required.
- Performance or event tickets for “Venue Collection” are available one hour before the performance or event start time. You will need to present your confirmation number, the credit card used to purchase tickets, photo identification and valid concession cards. See (link to car park web site page) for car park venue collection details.
- Performance or event tickets are refundable only if the event or performance to which it relates is cancelled, or if permitted under the LPA Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment Events in Australia. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled:
a) Prior to the Event, The Presenter or Venue Manager should make reasonable endeavours to ensure that, where an Event is cancelled, a Consumer is entitled to seating in a similar location at a re-scheduled Event.
- if the Consumer is unable to attend the re-scheduled Event, or if the Event is not rescheduled, the Presenter should ensure that the Consumer receives a full refund of the Ticket price and other industry imposed Ticket charges;
- Consumers should apply for a refund in a timely manner in accordance with this Code and the LPA Complaints Handling and Dispute Resolution Policy and, where possible, before the date of any re-scheduled Event. A timely manner is considered to be within five working days of the Event;
- A Consumer will not be entitled to a refund for a cancelled or re-scheduled event if they received a free or complimentary ticket.
- Performance or event tickets may be exchanged only where expressly permitted by the presenter. Where exchanges are permitted, they may be subject to certain conditions, and additional fees may also apply.
- Product orders (including car park, food and beverage and other products) are only refundable if the product is not available on the date requested. Exchanges are only at the discretion of Arts Centre Melbourne.
- If you have made an error in making your donation to Arts Centre Melbourne, we will happily honour your request for a refund made within 10 working days of your donation.
To request a refund, please call us on (03) 9281 8177. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
7. Companion Card Scheme
- A valid Companion Card or valid Companion Card Number must be produced at the time of the booking to gain access to the Companion Card Scheme offer. Details of use are contained on the Companion Card website www.companioncard.org.au.
8. Changes to performances
- Particulars of the performance or event may be changed without prior notice. Artists or performers may be added, withdrawn or substituted for specific performances.
- Opening acts or guests may sometimes tour with headlining performers. The Trust is not always made aware of opening acts or the length of their performances. These opening acts are subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice. No refund will be owed if an opening act is changed or cancelled.
9. Admission to Centre, Venues and Performances
- These Terms and Conditions are conditions both for the sale of a ticket and are conditions of attendance at the event or performance. By purchasing a ticket, or attending an event or performance, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, and to the terms of our Privacy Statement.
- The Trust reserves the right to deny any person admission to the Centre and to Venues.
- Entry to the Centre is at an individual’s own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Trust will not be responsible for any loss, damage, harm or injury arising from entry to the Centre, or their attendance at an event or performance at a Venue.
- Admission to venues that are not Trust Venues are governed by both these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant venue. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of and comply with all relevant terms and conditions. By accepting these Terms and Conditions you accept this responsibility.
- All persons seeking admittance to attend an event or performance must have a valid ticket, irrespective of their age.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and for admission to the Venue.
- Latecomers will be only admitted to a performance during a suitable break or as determined by the Trust. This could be the first interval or under some circumstances may mean the latecomer misses the show in its entirety.
- No photography, audio or video recording is permitted inside the Centre or Venue.
- No food or drink is allowed inside the Centre or Venues (other then the Sidney Myer Music Bowl) unless otherwise indicated at the Centre or Venue. In addition, only alcohol purchased from outlets within the Centre may be consumed at the Centre (with the exception of selected events at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl).
- Any bag or item larger than A4 must be cloaked and may be subject to inspection.
- It is a condition of entry to an event or performance that a search of person and / or their possessions may be required at the time of the entry to the Venue. If you do not consent to such searches, you may be denied entry to the Venue without refund.
10. Use of your image
- In attending an event or performance, you grant the Trust permission to film or photograph you, and to reproduce that film or photograph in any audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction in any medium or context without further authorisation by, or compensation to, you.
11. Arts Centre Melbourne accounts
- You will be asked to provide the Trust with your current address and other contact information when you purchase tickets from the Trust, or open an account with the Trust, via the Trust’s website or otherwise. When you do so, you must ensure that you provide the Trust with your current, complete, and accurate information.
- You must maintain the confidentiality of your customer account information, and should notify the Trust immediately on becoming aware of any unauthorised account activity.
12. LPA Code of Practice
- For information regarding ticketing of live entertainment and sporting events, or to obtain a copy of the LPA Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment Events in Australia contact the Trust or refer to www.liveperformance.com.au.
[By submitting your order, you are indicating that you have read and accept the Trust’s Terms and Conditions as well as the Privacy Statement. All orders are subject to credit card approval and billing address verification. After processing, please contact customer service at 1300 182 183 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding your order.]